When traveling abroad, limiting what you take with you is a necessity and deserves thoughtful consideration. Try thinking in terms of multitasking with products that have more than one use. You want to look your best while traveling, but that is difficult to do without your full clothes and accessory collection at your fingertips. There are ten essentials that you should pack when traveling abroad.
- The first items are clothes that are made with about ninety- five percent polyester and about five percent spandex. These clothes travel well , folding compactly, are wrinkle free when taken out to wear.Clothes made with these materials are sold in any style you can imagine. Look for the perfect black dress for a night on the town. Purchase a yoga wear set to travel and lounge around in. Buy some comfy jeans and t-shirt to shop in. You might also bring a jacket that pulls double duty and can also be a blanket on the plane. Keep the colors neutral so you can mix and match on your trip. Clothes made with these materials hand wash easily and dry quickly so you can re-wear the next day.
- Another item is your shoes. Pick a versatile shoe that is comfortable for walking, preferably with a rubber sole. Choose a timeless style like a Maryjane that allows pairing with jeans during the day and a dress at night. The third item is a lightweight pair of flip-flops. Flip-flops travel well due to their size and shape and will be used in many ways such as walking down the hallway to get ice, in accessing the pool, to run out for brunch.
- Also, you can consider a couple of crocheted neck wraps or scarves in pleasing colors. This will help you need less as they will serve as a cute accent. Even though you may have worn your polyester and spandex t-shirt and jeans every day this week, no one could tell because they were neutral colors accented with scarves in bright colors. The t-shirt and jean becomes the backdrop for the colorful accent. (image by MowT)
- Fifth is a medium to large collapsible tote bag. The bag will fold right up taking up very little space in your luggage and once you arrive, you can take it shopping and fill it up with goodies. As you return home you can carry it on.
- Sixth is a laundry bag. Despite a laundry bag not being something you wear it is; however, essential to travel with. A laundry bag will help you keep your clothes fresh and not spreading the smell of dirty clothes to the ones you have not worn. At the end of your trip just throw the laundry bag inside your suitcase, it should be relatively the same size.
- Seventh, research the culture. Determine the liberalness or conservativeness of the region. If you are traveling to Italy think about dressing higher fashion. If traveling to India dress conservatively. Blend in as robbers target tourists that standout.
- Eighth is disposable underwear. They may not be high fashion or last forever, but they can be discarded and will provide some much needed room in your suitcase for shopping finds.
- Ninth is jewelry. Leave those diamond rings and Rolex watches at home. If you cannot live without your bling consider purchasing costume jewelry. If it were lost or stolen it would not be an issue for you.
- Tenth and final is to carry a travel size bottle of a lightly scented body spray. Spray on your clothes, in your shoes, and even your bag to improve the smell.
I hope these recommendations were helpful and allow you to de-stress about traveling abroad. These ideas can save you time, money, and make your traveling experience just a little easier.
Feature image courtesy of Moyan_Brenn